Re: Setting a default network cups printer

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:22:39 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> Anyone know how I can get rid of this lpoptions default printer and use
>> system default?
>
> Hum... I'm not sure what do you mean here by "system default" :-)

Hi Camaleón, thanks for your reply in other message. I did

 rm ~/.cups/lpoptions

and am able to use whatever default system printer lpadmin designated.

>>> But using CUPS web interface and set the default printer from there
>>> should have the same effect. Didn't that work for you? :-?
>>
>> That's the first thing that I tried. but I got a 404 forbidden. Tried
>> twice then gave up.
>
> You should investigate that point further, it is important to have a
> working CUPS web interface as most of the common task rely on it.

I guess I got, as David pointed out, 403 "Forbidden". But that's only for
setting the default printer via the CUPS web interface. Other things, eg,
adding a printer, work fine.

Since everything is working fine for me now. I'll move onto other things
from now.

Thanks everybody who helped!

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)