Re: Setting a default network cups printer

On 12/13/2010 01:12 PM, Joel Roth wrote:
Does anyone know how to handle this _without_ root
permissions?

I see there is an 'lp' group and user.

Within the narrow context of this question I believe you can add any regular user to the lpadmin group to give that user permissions to configure printers through the CUPS Web interface. Having done this on my systems allows me to use that interface for adding / removing / configuring printers through that interface using only my normal user name and password.

Is that what you were asking about?