Re: weired issues of debian squeeze (base system)

On 12/13/2010 03:26 AM, shawn wilson wrote:
Additionally: I need some time to enter BIOS and reorder boot sequence of
harddrives - so I suspect, that it's not a question of time skew but may be
wrong handling of hwclock - as the kde-system comes up with a wrong time
(wrong by one hour - not a few seconds).

Is it possible, that kde-system use the windows style of hwclock
interpretation? - I know this "wrong time by one hour" by having windows and
linux on the same machine and the clock runs at UTC.

you had said that each system is set to use utc. easiest thing (since
it's 03:23 here and i know off hand where to look) is to 'cat
/etc/timezone' (didn't this used to be a symlink to something under
/lib?) and see what it says on either system.

This is a kde machine--PCLOS--and the clock is right.  The hardware
is set to UTC, and Linux tells me the correct time.  --doug