Re: why my sound card doesn't work

Dne, 12. 12. 2010 23:03:25 je Long Wind napisal(a):
I have a P4 motherboard, which has intel integrated audio
It works fine in Windows XP
but in etch, there's no sound
I try to play a real media file
and I adjust sound volume with gamix
No matter how hard I try, there's no sound
below is a list by lsmod
Thanks in advance!

Gosh, you're actually using etch? You should upgrade to at least lenny, if not squeeze. Anyway, the first two things I've seen reccommended in such situations are:

1) check you have permissions to play sounds (try another user account, try the root account);
2) check that your mixer settings aren't muted.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.