Re: Problem flushing buffers for USB devices.

Jansen napisal(a):
> Greetings,
>           The flushing of buffers for devices plugged into a USB port
> is problematic. When writing data to a USB stick it usually took two
> attempts to write a directory to a USB stick. The first attempt
> didn't show the directory was there when it was removed then plugged
> back in.

Gnome does that automatically *provided that* you right-click on the
USB drive icon and select "Unmount" (or was it "Eject"?) from the menu.
Abrupt removing/replugging USB drives will only corrupt your data. Of
course, I may be reading your situation wrong; in that case, please
disregard my post.

-----

I read the post the same way;
I would add, outside of a GUI, if you have privileges you can run the unmount command in a shell or command line.

E.G.

#umount /media/usb-mount-point

TeddyB