Re: Problem flushing buffers for USB devices.

Dne, 11. 12. 2010 05:07:31 je C.T.F. Jansen napisal(a):
Greetings,
The flushing of buffers for devices plugged into a USB port is problematic. When writing data to a USB stick it usually took two attempts to write a directory to a USB stick. The first attempt didn't show the directory was there when it was removed then plugged back in.

Gnome does that automatically *provided that* you right-click on the USB drive icon and select "Unmount" (or was it "Eject"?) from the menu. Abrupt removing/replugging USB drives will only corrupt your data. Of course, I may be reading your situation wrong; in that case, please disregard my post.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.