Re: apt-pinning: repo-names.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Boyd:

> I use the fields shown by (apt-cache policy) for each repository for
> my pinning.  These values ultimately come from the Release file.
> You'll have a local copy in /var/lib/apt/lists.  This local copy is
> fetched / updated each time you run aptitude update (or similar).

OK. I have the output from the command:

 500 http://security.debian.org testing/updates/non-free Packages
     release v=None,o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian-Security,c=non-free
     origin security.debian.org
..

what should I specify in the preferences file:

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 300

?

but then

 500 http://security.debian.org testing/updates/contrib
Packages release v=None,o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian-Security,c=contrib
     origin security.debian.org

too, has the same "a" field. Or should I specify all the fields - like

Package: *
Pin: release v=None,o=Debian,a=testing,l=Debian-Security,c=contrib
Pin-Priority: 300

?