Re: Can't find latex

Hello List,

On 07/12/10 18:04, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 07:19:48 +0100, Andreas wrote:

Am 06.12.2010 20:28, schrieb Camaleón:

Then you should ask yourself why "kpackage" is failing in searching
those packages while other tools just work fine>:-)

Okay, asking myself... Unfortunately the answer is: "dunno, but KPackage
is the prominent tool in the debian KDE menu".

Is there something wrong with KPackage or the debian KDE menu?

If there is, you can report it.

Synaptic (which is the GUI tool I've got installed) can find "textlive-
latex-base" just fine.

http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-pkgtools.en.html

I also started apt-get, but this works not at all.

"apt-cache search texlive-latex-base" should do the job.

Side note: ensure you are feeding your package manager with the proper
repositories -refreshed and enabled- in "/etc/apt/sources.list".

you may want to use dselect instead of synaptic.

Jerome

Greetings,