Re: Google Earth error?

On Sunday 05 December 2010 17:14:06 Curt Howland wrote:
> Thierry Chatelet <tchatelet@free.fr> wrote,
>
> > aptitude install lib32nss-mdns lsb
>
> Thank you! That solved half the problem.
>
> lib32nss-mdns is not availble in Sid. Is there a misspelling? I did a
> few searches for variations, but didn't see anything.

No spelling mistake, it is available in squeeze, which I run.

> lsb did install, and googleearth did launch and give me the splash
> scree, but then objected to being run with the neoveau driver, and
> then crashed.
>
> =====
> $ googleearth
> Google Earth has caught signal 11.
>
> We apologize for the inconvenience, but Google Earth has crashed.
>  This is a bug in the program, and should never happen under normal
>  circumstances. A bug report and debugging data have been written
>  to this text file:
>
>     /home/curt/.googleearth/crashlogs/crashlog-4cfbb28b.txt
>
> Please include this file if you submit a bug report to Google.
> =====
>
> That crash report is simply a list of libraries, "Strace from glibc:"
> that I figure are not interesting to anyone on Debian-User.
>
> I will try installing the nvidia driver and post my results.
>
> Curt

Make a search on nvidia, googleearth, black screen and so on. I found from
ubuntu a bench of files to install that solved the problem. But that computer
is gone by now, and I did not keep trace of what I did. Sorry. If you do not
find anything, come back, I will call the owner of the boxe to know what I did.
But, bassically, googleearth is a 32 bits software, so you need 3é bits lib
from nvidia. That's the general idea.
Thierry