Re: Recommended, easy to manage FTP server for Debian Lenny?

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 12:55:59 +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:
>
>> Camaleón writes:
>>
>>> If you need a GUI for user handling, webmin could be an option, as
>>> it provides modules for "proftpd" (and "vsftp", IIRC) as well as
>>> other FTP servers.

>> I have tried gforge-ftp-proftpd; I have installed it on my server box
>> but then I don't know how to use it?
>
> /usr/share/doc/gforge-ftp-proftpd/README.Debian.gz

I'm reading it now.

> But I don't know what the program is aimed for ("gadmin-proftpd" seems
> to be a front-end for setting up proftp but the one you mention looks
> like another thing) :-?

Yes, it is a gui front-end for manage users on proftpd server but it's
very hard to use. The problem isn't that that one must run it remotely
logging in with ssh on server box but that that the interface isn't good
enough.

--
Regards, Paul Chany
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/lptinterface/>