Re: Looking for software to manage snail-mail subscriptions

On 05/12/10 11:23, Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 02:50:38 +0000, Alex Gould wrote:

Camaleón writes:

This may sound a bit overwhelming but have you thought in a CMS (like
Drupal or Joomla) and a module for managing those subscriptions? :-?

Thanks. I'd consider it -- but do you know of any such module or add-on?
It's hard to just do a web-search for this kind of thing because terms
like "mailing list," "newsletter" "subscription" etc. all refer to email
list management software, which is much easier to find.

Hum... maybe they are located under "e-commerce" category. For example:

http://drupal.org/project/modules?filters=tid%3A104&solrsort=sis_project_release_usage%20desc

Ubercart looks quite complete.

You can also look under ERP software:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ERP_software_packages

Basically I guess you need a database (offile/online) which handles users
data (subscription type: magazine, newspaper... periodicty: weekly,
monthly, quarterly... client postal address for delivering, etc...) :-?

Greetings,

If I have understood you correctly then you are looking for 'mail merge' which is available for openoffice (and word in the windows world)

HTH

Wackojacko