Re: building initramfs also as root filesystem problem

Hi all,

I got this resolved,

the trick when building ramfs as rootfs os is to:

1.  Use busybox (symlink all neccessary tools and package all busybox
dependencies with ramfs)
2.  bootup into busybox bash, which should be /bin/sh symlinked to /bin/busybox
3.  You may get nothing (no stardard ouput) when you try to run an
executable, or bash error no such file found (but yet it is there).
4.  Try to execute the executable with /lib/ld-2.5.90.so <path to
executable>.  Using this method, the linker actually tells you what's
wrong with the executable if it can not be executed.

-toan

--
Toan Pham