Re: acroread trouble on Sqeeze

Hello List,

thanks for the hint.

On 01/12/10 02:52, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 00:30:38 +0800, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

On 30/11/10 22:54, Camaleón wrote:

What do you mean by "acroread gets confused"? It freezes when loading a
second PDF within the same instance (tabbed)? Are you experiencing the
same issue when loading the files independently (using no tabs,
separate windows)? Have you tested with another PDF samples?

I have observed the same for different PDF samples.

When I have more than one tab,
when I use my mouse toscroll,
acroread always jumps from on tabs to the other instead, and emits a lot
of messages as the one above.

Can it be a mouse issue ?
I have just realized this point.

Hmmm... maybe a problem with GTK+ libraries, but the error should be also
reproducible under other GTK+ applications using tabs. Does it happen
with gnome-terminal or gEdit when using tabs and scrolling down? :-?

I have just tried gEdit: tabs work fine.

So I check my ~/.xsession-errors file:
when acroread is launched, I got the message:

Window manager warning: Buggy client sent a _NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW message with a timestamp of 0 for 0x3600051 (Adobe Read)
Window manager warning: meta_window_activate called by a pager with a 0 timestamp; the pager needs to be fixed.

Jerome

Greetings,