Re: Orphaned User Accounts?

Carlos Mennens wrote:
> I've find it very useful. When you log out, that's it. You're done.
> Why would you leave printable data on the screen for others to see
> when you walk away from the terminal. It's a security vulnerability
> and when you tell the system to "log off", you're saying 'I'm done'.

The difference then is our operating models.  For me it is not a
single system.  For me I am always working on a dozen systems with
many terminals open to remote hosts simultaneously.  For me the
computer is not a single machine but instead the networked collection
of hosts.

> When you walk away from an ATM, you finish your transaction and expect
> the screen to clear, right? Same thing to me.

But an ATM is not a general purpose computer which many be used for
many different activities.  When you walk away from your car do you
expect the license plate to go blank?  There isn't a good analogy.

> The beauty of Linux is the fact that we can change the things don't
> make sense or work for us that do for a majority.

Very true!

Bob