Re: improve screen resolution

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:56:16 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:

> On 04/11/2010 12:49, Camaleón wrote:

>>> The word 'sis' to be replaced by 'vesa in the whole file'?
>>>
>> Yes... okay, I'll put it all together in pastebin (just copy/paste):
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2nXCCgM5
>>

> UNBELIEVABLE...now need to improve my specs resolution. Running at
> 1280x768  and have 1024x768 to spare.

Yeeepy! You finally got it :-)

Now save your current "xorg.conf" file in a safe-box with 5 locks... just
in case :-P

> Now I need to say THANK YOU in capital letters.
>
> Did what you said and there it is.
>
> My internet banking can see all and room to spare.
>
> I even contacted siemens SA to lookinto another chipset. Still waiting.
>
> May this help others users to improve their resolution. Easy ... a
> driver available on the net by you and others.

The drawback is that you are still using the VESA driver which is not the
optimal for your card (no 2D/3D acceleration so playing videos can become
a bit slow) but well, at least you can continue working with that until
"sis" driver gets the bug solved (from time to time, just try to load the
system with no "xorg.conf" file to check if the problem has gone).

> Kind regards
> Johan
>
> This was a very good day for me.

Good job sir, congrats!