Re: improve screen resolution

On 04/11/2010 12:49, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 23:04:12 +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:

On 03/11/2010 22:03, Camaleón wrote:
(...)

So back to work, copy/paste the "xorg.conf" detailed in this message¹,
restart the computer and check if you see any improvement.
(...)

¹http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=546741#5

How much of that xorg should I copy?
The whole content.

The word 'sis' to be replaced by 'vesa in the whole file'?
Yes... okay, I'll put it all together in pastebin (just copy/paste):

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=2nXCCgM5

Greetings,

UNBELIEVABLE...now need to improve my specs resolution.
Running at 1280x768  and have 1024x768 to spare.

Now I need to say THANK YOU in capital letters.

Did what you said and there it is.

My internet banking can see all and room to spare.

I even contacted siemens SA to lookinto another chipset. Still waiting.

May this help others users to improve their resolution. Easy ... a driver available on the net by you and others.

Kind regards
Johan

This was a very good day for me.