Re: [Partially solved] Re: OpenOffice and the GTK file dialog box

On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 19:16:03 -0500

> On 11/03/2010 06:33 PM, Liam O'Toole wrote:

> >> Must you do that export *every time*, or just once?
> >
> > You can put the export in your ~/.profile (or ~/.xprofile if you are
> > using GDM). Then the 'once' becomes 'every time' automatically :-)
> >
> > Another possibility is to add the environment variable to
> > /etc/openoffice/soffice.sh.
> >

> Even though I have the previously-referred-to check box,
> OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP is not in any one of these files on my system:
>   ~/.profile
> /etc/profile
> ~/.profile
> /etc/openoffice/soffice.sh

Oh, forget my previous message - you aren't seeing my problem.

I assume that what's going on here is that on normal systems, oo
correctly detects the DE and / or the presence of the GTK libs, and
behaves accordingly.  The 'FORCE' variables, judging by their names,
seem to be to meant for something like my situation, where the
automagic detection isn't working properly.  I just wish I knew *why*
it's not!

Celejar