Re: VMware install bi-passes iso file

Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
> What ISO did you use?

The most recent from which I've installed is debian-505-i386-netinst.iso.

I tend to do an absolute minimal installation from the latest netinst.iso,
add in the repositories for Backports, Testing, Unstable, Experimental,
and Volatile, along with a preferences file to pin Stable/Backports,
and then install from there. (Synaptic seems to ignore the preferences
file. Aptitude and apt-get honour it.)

Chris