Re: apt-get install -- packet list from a file

You hijacked an existing thread.  Please don't do that in the future.
Changing the subject line in not sufficient to create a new thread.  You must
use the "New Message" function of your UA not the "Reply" function.  When you
use the reply function, your UA inserts headers like this:

These headers control threaded for modern UAs.

In <[🔎] 4CCE92E1.7010407@googlemail.com>, getting.lists@googlemail.com wrote:
>I want to install many packets at once with apt-get.
>So I wrote a file, like
>
>file-list:
>
>htop
>vim
>apache2
>
>apt-get shall use this file as it's input eg apt-get install < file-list
>(notworking)

You clearly misunderstand how the '<' shell redirection operator works.  I
suggest you avoid using it so you don't break something, at least until you
know the different between command-line arguments, standard input, and
standard output.

>does anyone knows a solution?

Real, good solutions have already been posted.