Re: Attaching vs. pastebin for big outputs [was: Re: Installation Size Different - bug ?]

In <[🔎] 20101101125817.GM3365@think.homelan>, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>On Lu, 01 nov 10, 12:33:17, Camaleón wrote:
>> It could be a Pan/Gmane issue: I see text attachments and images as part
>> of the e-mail message (embedded) not as separate code. In fact, Pan does
>> not even allow sending attachments :-(
>
>Ah, I understand now. Does nntp even support attachments?

NNTP doesn't really care about the content of the messages.

I'm pretty sure the uuencode and base64 attachment methods were used on
newsgroups before MIME was standardized, and some NNTP users still prefer
them.  MIME should work well, and is probably preferred when the newsgroups is
tied to a mailing list, since mail client are much more likely to accept MIME.