Re: minimum number of days between password change

On 11/01/2010 11:28 AM, Lukas Baxa wrote:
Hi,

I created an account guest to test password aging.
The aging info of this account is following:

chage -l guest
Last password change                                    : Nov 01, 2010
Password expires                                        : Jan 30, 2011
Password inactive                                       : never
Account expires                                         : never
Minimum number of days between password change          : 76
Maximum number of days between password change          : 90
Number of days of warning before password expires       : 14

However, I'm able to change my password when logged in as guest
as many times I want the same day, even if minimum number of days
between password change is set to a non-zero value.

If someone learns my password on day 2, they have full access to my account for 74 days, or I must beg for SysAdmin help?

"Minimum number of days" isn't a very bright idea.

--
Seek truth from facts.