Re: deluge to handle torrents

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 06:53:48 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> On Tue October 5 2010, Camaleón wrote:
>> Then you're lucky :-)
>>
>> But I'm afraid briand does not have that option (me neither) and that
>> is what we are trying to figure out (why and how to solve it).
>
> so, how did it get there, and how can you copy that behavior? I didn't
> see an entry in about:config for bittorent.

Yes, it's a bit strange.

Mime types in Icewasel are defined by means of "~/.mozilla/firefox/
[profile].default/mimeTypes.rdf", a plain text file that Mozilla does not
recommend to be manually edited and that reflects the available options
under Preferences / Applications tab.

In that file, I have not "torrent" type defined so neither I have in
Aplications preferences :-?

> how about this:
> http://wiki.debian.org/MIME
> Filename suffices: The system-wide mapping from file suffices to mime
> types is set in /etc/mime.types .
>
> Users may set their own suffix to mime preferences in $HOME/.mime.types
> .
>
> # grep torr /etc/mime.types
> application/x-bittorrent			torrent

Yes, that can be another action plan I was thinking on. My GNOME desktop
has indeed an association for torrent files, which leads me to think that
Icewasel could be also querying the whole system mimetypes database.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón