Re: squeeze /etc/kbd/remap replace caps with ctrl

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:
> Volkan YAZICI wrote:
>> In Squeeze, despite I removed the comment prefix of
>>
>>   s/keycode  58 = Caps_Lock/keycode  58 = Control/;
>>
>> line, neither "/etc/init.d/kbd restart", nor "restart" makes any
>> difference in the caps lock key. Am I missing something or the
>> configuration is broken and not working?
>
> Works for me.  Please show us exactly what you have tried.

That's exactly what I've tried. Below is the original content of this
file.

  # This sed script is run across the dumpkeys output to remap keys on the console

  # This turns caps lock into control
  #s/keycode 58 = Caps_Lock/keycode 58 = Control/;

> In the above it looks like you spelled control wrong as "Control/".
> That slash shouldn't be there. It is spelled "Control".

I think it's a sed command. See

  $ echo -e "abc\ndec" | sed 's/c/C/'
  abC
  deC

Would you mind sharing your own /etc/kbd/remap configuration?

Regards.