Re: A simple GUI volume control tool for fluxbox

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 15:28:46 +0000 (UTC)
T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do almost everything on command line. Maybe the only GUI tool I need is
> the sound volume control tool, but I don't have it any more -- I used to
> use tkmixer. Now that it's obsoleted, I'm yet to find a GUI sound mixer
> plain and simple enough for me.
>
> Just like Gnome/Windows volume control tool -- nothing fancy and eye
> catching, just out of the way most of the time, but when I need it, it's
> a click away and offer nothing complicated than the main (and PCM) volume
> control. tkmixer used to foot the bill. sigh...
>
> Am I really out of luck now?

There is a nice little app called 'FB-Mix'[1] a friend of mine wrote for
Fluxbox.

<quote>
A simple mixer applet for the system tray

FB-Mix is designed to sit in the Fluxbox system tray and popup an
alsamixer window when clicked. No doubt it works with other window
managers too.

As of version 0.2 volume can also be adjusted using the mouse
scrollwheel when hovering over the icon.
</quote>

Regards
Dale

[1] http://sandbox.ltmnet.com/fbmix