Re: A simple GUI volume control tool for fluxbox

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 03:28:46PM +0000, T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do almost everything on command line. Maybe the only GUI tool I need is
> the sound volume control tool, but I don't have it any more -- I used to
> use tkmixer. Now that it's obsoleted, I'm yet to find a GUI sound mixer
> plain and simple enough for me.

Earlier today I finally set up my Fluxbox keys file to handle this.

# volume settings -- up, down, and mute:
Control Mod1 9 :Exec amixer sset Master,0 1+
Control Mod1 8 :Exec amixer sset Master,0 1-
Control Mod1 0 :Exec amixer sset Master,0 toggle

# microphone settings -- up, down, and mute:
Control Mod1 3 :Exec amixer sset Capture,0 1+
Control Mod1 2 :Exec amixer sset Capture,0 1-
Control Mod1 1 :Exec amixer sset Capture,0 toggle

# alsamixer
Control Mod1 6 :Exec uxterm -font a14 -geometry 70x20 -T "alsamixer" -e alsamixer -V all

Not exactly GUI, but it works.  Note that on my system that runs
pulseaudio, I need slightly different settings.  Let me know if you want
to see them.

-Rob