Re: Debian based NAS? What to buy?

Francisco Borges wrote:
I am thinking about buying a new NAS box. Not a DIY box, but a ready
to use NAS (2 to max 4 trays) for home use (it has to be *small* and
quiet).
I'm looking for one of those too. I will probably go with the QNAP TS-219P because of its relatively small size and low power consumption which is 5W in sleep and 21W in operation. It does have one fan. Sound level is specified at 36.3 dB in operation. There was a thread on Debian-ARM about installation so it will run Debian. I was impressed with the number of features that the QNAP products had. It comes with embedded Linux and is expandable with their QPKG Software Package Platform. I haven't owned a QNAP product before. Any comments from those of you that do?

--Jeff