Debian based NAS? What to buy?

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a new NAS box. Not a DIY box, but a ready
to use NAS (2 to max 4 trays) for home use (it has to be *small* and
quiet).

As I had a lot of trouble with my ReadyNas Duo (Debian based but now
unsupported), for which I now have trouble buying supported 2G disks,
so I am looking out to buy something more future proof WRT software
support.

Can anyone recommend me a Debian-based NAS?

- I know that QNap announced Debian support for some of their line.
Could anyone share experiences with QNap hardware?

- Any other brand other than QNap that I should be looking at?

- Any comments or tips are heartily appreciated!

Kind regards,
--
Francisco