Re: [solved] Ethernet connection

Axel Freyn <axel-freyn@gmx.de> writes:

> On your old PC,
>
> ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
>
> should be sufficient to configure its Network -- afterwards, the
> communication with the laptops should work (This command is not
> preserved during system restarts -- after each restart, you have to set
> again the IP adress & netmask).

Fantastic!!  It works.  Then, to make that permanent, on old PC I edited
/etc/network/interfaces as follows:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet static
	address 192.168.0.3
	netmask 255.255.255.0

Now I copy files from one to another with rsync.

Thanks a lot, and thanks to Debian user mailig list
Rodolfo

P.S.: but now, suppose that I want, from the laptop, to delete a file that's in
      the other machine, or viceversa: is it possible, and with what command?