Re: IPP client-error-document-format-not-supported

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

> Without context, I couldn't say :-?

If You mean file being printed then it just several characters from
kate or OO.writer in utf8 encoding.

> sm01@stt008:/var/cache/cups$ ls -l
> -rw------- 1 lp   lp   5810172 mar 16 12:12 ppds.dat

What do You have in ppds.dat, or may You know from whence it comes?

> > cupsdoprint -P 'Epson-LQ100' -J 'Untitled' -H
> > '/var/run/cups/cups.sock:631' -U 'root' -o ' copies=1
> > multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-collated-copies
> > orientation-requested=3' '/tmp/kde-user/kdeprint_XiSVkn4I' :
> > execution failed with message: client-error-not-authorized

> "client-error-not-authorized" has more sense to me.

I do not believe the error is correct at least in common sense, as I
can easily send to the device directly from command line and it prints.
If speak about cups permissions - then the user is in the list of
allowed users...

> Review the full Cups log (/var/log/cups/error.log). If still nothing
> interesting there, increase log verbosity ("LogLevel warning") and
> restart cups service.

Well. Now I have installed cups-driver-gutenprint and ghostscript-cups
and to my astonishment, the error changed to this:

(/usr/lib/cups/backend/usb) crashed on signal 11!
(/usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertoepson) crashed on signal 13!
envp[23]="DEVICE_URI=usb://unknown/"
PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/Epson-LQ100.ppd

When it worked, I believe, the device was called /dev/usb/lp0, but now
- lp1. - May this is the culprit but I do not know how/where to change
  it.

In system-config-printer of KDE's printer configuration utility, I do
not see the appropriate connection/device option - no usb for lpt.

> Also, test with another generic "dot matrix" driver.

I have no such possibility...