Re: Which USB wireless LAN adapter really works on Debian?

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 01:10:33PM +0200, Klistvud wrote:
> Dne, 06. 06. 2010 11:20:51 je jidanni@jidanni.org napisal(a):
>>
>> So please tell me in your opinion what common brand and series has the
>> most throughly working Debian drivers and really works? Thanks you
>> very much.
>>

> IMHO, there is no such thing as "Debian" drivers -- if a driver works in
> Linux, it will most certainly work in Debian too. That said, Debian
> Stable (Lenny) uses the kernel it uses, generally not the most recent
> one in any sense of the word. Many drivers come with newer kernels, so
> your choice will largely depend on whether you plan to use Lenny or
> Squeeze. A good starting point would be
> http://www.backtrack-linux.org/bt/wireless-drivers/
> and
> http://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php?title=HCL:Wireless

I do most of my computer parts shopping at www.newegg.com.  That site
has customer reviews for most products.  I search through the reviews
for "linux" and "ubuntu", and I typically find comments like "works out
of the box", "works if you just do xyz", or "doesn't work".

-Rob