Which USB wireless LAN adapter really works on Debian?

I am going to town and wish to purchase the most compatible, least
problems USB wireless LAN adapter for Debian.

Please don't tell me one that I go buy, only to discover half of the
ping packets get through, etc. Whilst of course on windows they work
fine.

So please tell me in your opinion what common brand and series has the
most throughly working Debian drivers and really works? Thanks you
very much.