Re: Resuming from hibernation issue with sid-kernel

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 11:17 +0200, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
> To thaw, I have to select kernel 2.6.32-4 in grub, and then all works
> well. If I select 2.6.32-5 in grub, I get the usual blank screen for a
> few seconds while the saved state is read form disk, but then the
> display stays blank after disk reading has stopped.

I am using squeeze with 2.6.32-3 and having similar issues on my
Thinkpad T42p. While hibernating there is a message "failed to thaw -
error -16". After resuming the screen stays black. I found out that
compiz was (is)my issue. I can ping my machine and connect via ssh.
If compiz is stopped while hibernating everything seems to be ok and
resume is working just fine. Maybe this is useful for you too ?