Resuming from hibernation issue with sid-kernel

Hi,

Short version:

With the most recent sid-kernel, my laptop no longer resumes from hibernation (I believe thawing is the technical term). pm-suspend.log seems to indicate that no thawing hooks are run. I do not know where to look next for a solution. Hibernating and thawing with linux image 2.6.32-4 seems to works well.

Longer version:

My system is amd64 squeeze-based, with a few packages from sid (e.g. the kernel and the radeon driver). I use only one root partition (ext4) and one swap partition. My graphics card is "ATI Mobility HD 2400 XT".

I can boot with and hibernate from (using gnome-power-manager) any of the 2.6.32-4 and 2.6.32-5 kernels.

To thaw, I have to select kernel 2.6.32-4 in grub, and then all works well. If I select 2.6.32-5 in grub, I get the usual blank screen for a few seconds while the saved state is read form disk, but then the display stays blank after disk reading has stopped.

The behaviour I expect, and see when thawing with 2.6.32-4, is that, after disk reading stops, my screen flickers a bit, and then I am back into a running session with the kernel I hibernated from.

The logfile pm-suspend.log seems not to log anything for thaw hooks on when I fail to thaw, but when I thaw with with 2.6.32-4, and the thaw succeeds, pm-suspend.log contains info about thaw hooks that were successfully run.

I do not know where to look next, the syslog and debug files in /var/log/ seems not to contain any information form the "pre-thaw stage" where I expect the problem to occur.

A few log files are available at http://malin.homedns.org/laptop-logs/

Regards

Johan