Re: Where is the Xorg.conf - to setup XKB layouts on Squeeze?

Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v@gmail.com> writes:

> xorg.conf accepts the following server flags:
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>         Option  "AutoAddDevices"        "False"
>         Option  "AllowEmptyInput"       "False"
> EndSection
>
> If you have them, then you must specify the keyboard and mouse
> configurations on xorg.conf, and xorg won't autodetect them through
> whether hal or udev, but only will use what is specified under
> xorg.conf.
>
> I've been using this to keep inmune to all the changes happening
> around xorg and autodetection (and to prevent using hal)...
>
> So I haven't had the need to go configure anything else than
> xorg.conf...  Perhaps it's time to take a look at
> /etc/defaults/keyboard (I never had), :-)

Now when I have beside /etc/default/keyboard
***
XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="hu,hr,cs"
XKBVARIANT="nodeadkeys"
XKBOPTIONS=""
***

the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file too
***
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xorg"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "hu,hr,cs"
        Option      "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
EndSection
***

I try out that that I rename xorg.conf so Xorg not to find it at start
and keep the /etc/default/keyboard file only. After I rebooted I get the
multi layout XWindow system wit Hungaruan, Croatian and Serbian Cyrillic
languages.

However I have installed hal but that isn't necessary to get this setup
to work, right?

--
Regards,
Paul Chany