Re: Running a program when computer enters/exits idle state

Dne, 04. 06. 2010 00:07:27 je Carl Johnson napisal(a):

I just thought of another way to improve the ondemand driver
slightly.  There is a file called up_threshold in the
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/ directory.  This file
defaults to 80 meaning that the cpu use was 80% over the last time
period.  This is high enough that it will usually require more than
one time period to reach this.  If you set it to something like 40%
then it will often reach it in less than one time period.

Thanx. Will try that out.

I am assuming that you have already set the sampling_rate to
sampling_rate_min.

You're assuming right.

You should only need to set these at boot, so they
could go in /etc/rc.local or /etc/sysfs.conf (sysfsutils package).

Will have to see into that. On my machine, the entire .../ondemand directory with all of its contents vanishes as soon as the governor gets changed from "ondemand" to anything else.

--
Have a nice day, and thanx for your continuing interest

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801
http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com