Re: Screen width on Knoppix install.

John Culleton wrote:
On Wednesday 02 June 2010 02:49:18 you wrote:
On Ma, 01 iun 10, 22:33:26, John Culleton wrote:
I ask here because my message to the Knoppix list has not
yet
appeared.
I assume you missed my reply [1] to your previous message so I
am CCing
you now.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/05/msg02551.html

Regards,
Andrei
Thanks for your reply. I used Knoppix because it was very easy to install and came with a lot of useful software already, such as Open Office. The install program is called 0wn which stands for zero work needed. My earlier experiences with e.g. Kubuntu were a pain, menu after menu after menu and little control over the disk partitioning. With Knoppix all I had to do was run cfdisk and then 0wn. I have posted the items you requested on my website:
http://wexfordpress.com/xorg.conf
and
http://wexfordpress.com/Xorg.0.log
and
http://wexfordpress.com/Xorg.0.log.old

Another person might have a different experience. But when I popped a Knoppix disk in my wife's laptop and got a wireless connect with no grief I was sold. Don't mess with success is my motto.

Which version of Knoppix is that 6.2.1?

Hugo