Re: trying to understand/purge linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686

On 02/06/10 09:47 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
>>
>> Now, after doing this, I still have this kernel in /boot:
>> $> ls -1 /boot/*trunk*
>> /boot/config-2.6.32-trunk-686
>> /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-trunk-686
>> /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-trunk-686.bak
>> /boot/System.map-2.6.32-trunk-686
>> /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-trunk-686
>>

>> However, I am not sure to which package this belongs:
>> $> dpkg -l linux-image-2\.6\.32* | grep trunk
>> un  linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686  <none>  (no description available)
>>
>> If that is its package, apt can't find it:
>> $> apt-cache show linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686
>> W: Unable to locate package linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686
>> E: No packages found
>>

>> Anybody know what is the deal with this kernel image? What am I missing
>> here?
>>

> What about 'dpkg -P 2.6.32-trunk-686'?

It is already being shown as not installed. In fact, I am trying to
install it.

The problem with this kernel is that I purged it when /boot was
mistakenly mounted on some other device. So apt worked as far as its
database is concerned, but the package's files remained on the original
/boot. Now that I have the correct boot, I would like to install the
package again and then follow by purging it so that aptitude now removes
all the files from the correct /boot.

ever having been read.