trying to understand/purge linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686

There was a slight screw-up with my mount points of /boot earlier today,
when I was doing a bit of house cleaning. I purged some old kernels and
installed a new one while /boot was mounted on a different partition
(another story, sigh!). I noticed the problems and fixed that and
rebooted with proper mounting. This, of course, resulted in the kernel
files still in (correct) /boot that were supposed to have been purged.
To fix that, with /boot correctly mounted, I reinstalled the kernel
packages that I had purged and then purged them.

Now, after doing this, I still have this kernel in /boot:
$> ls -1 /boot/*trunk*
/boot/config-2.6.32-trunk-686
/boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-trunk-686
/boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-trunk-686.bak
/boot/System.map-2.6.32-trunk-686
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32-trunk-686

However, I am not sure to which package this belongs:
$> dpkg -l linux-image-2\.6\.32* | grep trunk
un  linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686  <none>  (no description available)

If that is its package, apt can't find it:
$> apt-cache show linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686
W: Unable to locate package linux-image-2.6.32-trunk-686
E: No packages found

Anybody know what is the deal with this kernel image? What am I missing
here?

Thanks.

ever having been read.