Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

Stephen Powell wrote:
Actually, that is largely a myth.  Lilo's only release-critical bug turned
out not to be a bug at all.  It was this "bug" that gave rise to the belief
that stock kernels were getting too big for lilo to load.  But the problem
was that a new kernel was installed without lilo being run.  And this is
apparently the result of changes made to the stock kernel maintainer scripts
that cause "do_bootloader = yes" in /etc/kernel-img.conf to not be honored
anymore, as it once was.  Whether this is a bug or a feature in the kernel
maintainer scripts I am not sure.  But I am sure that this is not a lilo
bug.

Too bad it already made the news[1].

  1: http://lists.debian.org/debian-news/2010/msg00006.html

-t