Re: date bug?

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 02:32:26PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> That's why whomever came up with the complete idiocy of breaking up 52
> weeks into 12 irregularly-sized months, days starting in the middle of
> the night and years in the middle of winter, should br brought behind the
> barn and flayed alive.

But, it isn't even 52 weeks. It's 52 weeks + 1 day, except in a leap
year, when it's 52 weeks + 2 days.

We need a new calendar system where 1 orbit of the sun really is 1 year,
rather than 1 year + ~6 hours. Or ignore the sun for calendrical systems
and switch to a lunar system. I suppose we could just make an hour about
0.000683 times longer.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Distance doesn't make you any smaller, but it does make you part of a
larger picture.