Moving /tmp to a separate partition. Advice?

Howdy, fellow Debianites!
Given some extra hard drive space, I decided to move my /tmp dir (currently located under / ) to a partition of its own. I am looking forward to any advice, particularly of the been-there-done-that type: * how should I configure my fstab entry? How does Debian installer do it?
* is there anything Debian-specific to watch for?
* is it true that setting /tmp permissions to non-executable, while hardening your box, prevents apt from working properly?

--
TIA,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801