Re: Cloned Lenny OS partition: bumped into hibernate and grub2 issues

Dne, 23. 05. 2010 03:40:54 je Tom H napisal(a):

Re 1. Your swap partition's UUID must be different. Check
"/etc/initramfs-tools/". There is a "resume" file (in that dir or in a
subdir) that will have your swap partition's UUID.

Thanx, Tom H. It worked.

Re 2. What do you mean by "After changing the UUID of the new
partition"? After "dd...", did your run "tune2fs -U ..." on your root
partition (or the equivalent for xfs, ...; I am assuming that you have
just one partition)? If you didn't, your root partition still has the
same UUID and update-grub is picking it up correctly (in which case, I
have no idea idea how you are booting up!).

You're perfectly right. Was looking at the wrong partition (I currently have a mess of partitions on my drives, some of which are clones of others ...). Now, after my usual cup of coffee, and with a clearer grasp of things thanx to your comment, update-grub suddenly decided to work perfectly again ;P

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801