Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Dotan Cohen wrote:

Hi, Dotan.
I'm not sure what makes you work for KDE but I hope that you can bring our
word to them. I have really a problem talking to programmers and software
people (in most of the cases), because they already think in routines ...
so the logic behind there thinking is not a human rationality but a 0 || 1

> On 8 May 2010 15:32, consul tores <consultores1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> the windows are absolutely useless, i can not
>> use many, they have all kind of useless information;
>
> What useless information? I'd like to fix that if you will be more
> specific.

Useless is all the bullsh*t that makes kde4 nice but useless.
Why one would develop eyecandies or tons of absolutely stupid games, but
don't focus on improving basic functionality and also debian people ...

I want to ask you how I can let my notebook configure and mount network
shares (nfs) before I login ... I've tried to discuss this but all I was
preached was networkmanager is good. It's not as it works user-level

>> the menu, needs 3
>> times more clicks than 3.5;
>
> Can you be more specific? Are you referring to Kmenu?

i.e. konsole-kde3.5 you click down left on the icon and you have a context
menu to open a new session.

What do I need akonadi or nepomuk or whatever else.
All the crap _must_ be disabled and let the people enable it themselves.

>> the time to be ready to use is 5
>> times than 3.5;
>
> Do you mean the load time of the desktop? I do agree that it takes a
> long time (and the starting Akonaki takes even longer!), but I do not
> remember KDE 3 starting so fast either. The new Gnome starts in
> seconds!

It's not the freedom anymore from kde3.5. Why kde team does not work on
compatibility with 3.5 at least in the functional perspective ... no they
program any kind of stupid and useless sh*t.

I really like kde but I'm very disappointed from the mentalilty they show in
kde4 and how they've pushed it and also that people agreed and accepted
this.

>> In my case, kde 4.x indicate me when is time to change Desktop, i am
>> going to stay with 3.5 still support finish, and then to test others
>> desktops which follow the kiss principle. Jo, Jo, Jo.
>>

> When you do that, please mail me (privately or on list with CC to me
> privately) to let me know what features other desktops have that you
> like. I'd like to incorporate them into KDE. Thanks. I highly
> recommend testing Gnome Shell, which will be Gnome 3. A lot of people
> are very happy with it. Ion and Enlightenment are popular too, each
> for their own reasons. XFCE and the boxen might be a little lacking if
> you are used to KDE 3.

Dotan, please, be nice. KDE should stay simple to use and to look at.
Possible solution is to enable default profiles somewhere and to focus on
really important things.

I'll get a list of things that I have problem with by the end of the week.

I've installed it using debootstrap sid yesterday. I then pulled the kde4 by
doing kde-all and deselecting all the things I don't want to have. I could
send you a package list if you like.
It hung few times while installing with dselect (specifically when
installing policy-kit and bluez/kdebluetooth) so I removed them to complete
installation

1) after logging in it complains about some ConsoleKit missing.
2) I started organizer and went in 20 minutes to bed. In the morning it was
already running .... wow if I knew I would run it with time  to see how
long it takes to start
3) I've installed kweather ... but no applet available. where is it. Why
should kde do this ugly thing with the widgets from the panel .... I'm
sending you a screenshot of my toolbar and I'm not moving to anything else
until I have those apps in the new version.

Many other questions to follow - I hope you have patience and talk to kde
guys, because I couldn't stand their young undeveloped developers brains

regards