Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Op 09-05-10 16:00, Lisi schreef:
>> It is a list rule to reply only to list *unless asked otherwise*. In
>> this case, Dotan asks otherwise, so what's the problem.
>
> I do *not* ask otherwise and Dotan has been sending long, rude, unpleasant
> emails direct to me.  That is what I am complaining about.  As I said above,
> *I* have been getting them from Dotan, as you correctly state:  "*Lisi*
> shreef ..... *I* have been getting them."  According to list policy I should
> not be getting them.  In addition, the last one was sent to the KDE list (to
> which I do not subscribe) and not to this, which is the list with the thread.
There you have a point.

> Perhaps you should read Dotan's last two emails to me (especially the last
> one) before complaining about my complaint.
Well, that's kind of hard since they are sent to you. Unless you want me
to hack your mailbox ;)

> And my crime??  For which you too clearly feel that I should be subjected to
> the unpleasant bullying in emails direct to me?  I use KDE 3, but do not
> intend to use KDE 4.
As far as I have seen the mails of Dotan on this list (the one I'm
following), he is currently collecting issues with KDE4 and filing the
to the devs. That in principle is something good, I suppose.
What I have seen is that Dotan might be a bit persistent in getting the
bugs of of you and others. What I have seen from you is that you also
weren't completely friendly all the time. That's why I thought that a
'manners' mail would be appropriate. I am not going to judge who has
begun and who is to blame. I'm just observing that a valid discussion
(what's different in KDE4 and how can it be improved) is getting out of
hand. And it's also up to you to fix that.
Anyway, what's the crime of using KDE3.5? Nothing, except that it's not
supported anymore.

Sjoerd