Re: Filesystem recommendations

Ron Johnson put forth on 5/3/2010 9:16 PM:
> On 04/29/2010 02:17 PM, Joe Brenner wrote:

>> Would you happen to have any links to such benchmarks, unofficial or
>> otherwise?
>
> They were posted to this list (within the last 6 months, I think).

I've posted a few in the very recent past, although the content of the last
two below is rather old, 2006 and 2003.

Very recent raw data FS benchmark results for 2.6.34-rc3, includes all
filesystems supported in the kernel:
http://btrfs.boxacle.net/repository/raid/2010-04-14_2004/2.6.34-rc3/2.6.34-rc3.html

Some older XFS benchmark/reviews with OP summary/recommendations:
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1479435

It's interesting that both OPs come to the same conclusion, that XFS is the
best all 'round file system for a small business or home server.  This is
very ironic given that XFS was designed as a filesystem for storing and
moving vast amounts of large file scientific visualization data.

--
Stan