Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 20:55 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 05/03/2010 06:20 PM, deloptes wrote:
> > Mark Allums wrote:
> >
> [snip]

> > Do you know if there are some with larger cache?
> >

> Just as a Mini Cooper isn't a dragster or a lorry, netbooks are not
> *designed* for heavy computational abilities.
maybe this is time for compuserve to come back (I think I have the name
right), used to be able to buy cpu cycles on remove machines - basically
a shell account on a mainframe.

today netbook - connectivity anywhere / take anywhere - but no grunt.

I find with my atom, using syncplaces (a firefox addin), which encrypts
its files - it takes for ever, I am guess i am missing some of those
nice cpu op's that speed these things up.

But my netbook is lite, has loads of connectivity and I can always get
home to the big machine :)