Re: aptitude stuck

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 07:07:21AM -0700, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 09:31:28AM -0400, Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> was heard to say:
> > Today's run of 'aptitude -s safe-upgrade' had been running for over an
> > hour and was using half my memory when I killed it. The status line was:
> >
> > open: 107756; closed: 119093; defer: 107181; conflict: 167
> >
> > There's evidently some situation it can't resolve. How can I figure out
> > what package(s) cause the problem?
>
>   Which version of aptitude do you have?
>
>   You could add "--log-resolver --file-file=aptitude.log" and send me the
> first few megabytes of output.
>
>   Also, can you add "-o aptitude::cmdline::resolver-dump=aptitude-resolver.dump"
> to the command-line and then send me the file 'aptitude-resolver.dump'?

I did send this to you but have not heard back. Just checking if I need
to resend it.

In the meantime, I'm using "apt-get -s upgrade" to generate a list of
potential upgrade packages and then updating them with aptitude.

--
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."
		-- Rudyard Kipling