Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

On 05/02/2010 10:53 PM, Mark wrote:
On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Ron Johnson<ron.l.johnson@cox.net>  wrote:

Size.  A little almost-handheld netbook just isn't as physically in danger
of cracking in your knapsack as a 15" or 17" laptop.

My girlfriend's Dell Mini's screen got cracked on a recent trip even though
we had it in a protective case and now the netbook is useless, because to
replace one of those screens basically requires taking the entire machine
apart and it's out of warranty.  My 6 year old Dell Latitude D800 on the
other hand, while weighing in about 3 times as much, is solid as a brick and
the screen has no flex.  After the Dell Mini lasted only 8 months, we've
decided no more netbooks.  But that's just our experience, I know netbooks
work well for some people.   I question their durability for using while
travelling though, which is kinda the whole point of the netbooks...

Interesting. The Latitude D800 is presumably much thicker than the .65 inch Adamo and other current ultra-slim notebooks.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?