Re: Unable to connect to my home wireless

On 05/02/2010 09:24 AM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
I am running an up to date Squeeze system using LXDE.  I use wicd as my network manager.  Since doing a full upgrade on Monday I have been unable to connect to my home wireless network.  I can connect to various unsecured networks at work, at local restaurants and coffee shops.  I just can't connect to my home network.  Here, I have to connect a cat5 cable.  Since the only place to do this is sitting directly in front of my desktop system it kind of defeats the purpose.  I have verified that the WEP key is correct and I really don't know what else to look for.

Hi!
Do an attempt to connect, and then as root, go to /var/log and give an ' ls -lat' - up on the list are the log files which were changed recently and contain the logs you want. Check them and send the relevant parts. By the way, my brother who was running ubuntu 9.10 just upgraded to 10.04 and has exactly the same issue. Can you tell us what is the version you are currently running? (aptitude show wicd)

G.