Re: Lite SMTP server/daemon

On Sat May 01, 2010 at 22:24:13 -0400, Celejar wrote:

> I couldn't discern, BTW, whether it supports TLS / SSL to an
> upstream MTA?  I did find this thread:
>
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.qpsmtpd/2005/07/msg3404.html
>
> but I have no idea what the current status of this is.

  It seems like that isn't present yet, the only core TLS support
 I can spot is a plugin for accepting TLS-wrapped connections not
 initiating them.

  I've usually used qpsmtpd to process mail then either:

    * Reject it at SMTP time.
    * Accept it for delivery and write the mail directly to Maildir folders.
    * Accept it for delivery and pass to exim4 for final delivery.

 (ie. I've never tried to re-deliver to a remote machine via qpsmtpd,
 only via passing to exim4.)

Steve